Belkin wireless connection no longer connecting

scottish lady 08:57 25 May 06

Yesterday for no reason whatsoever my husband's laptop stopped connecting to the internet and e-mail.(when he switched on) Worked fine previous night and nothing this morning. We have a Belkin wireless Pre-N mimo router connected to my desktop and he has the Belkin laptop ethernet card. What has happened? Spent hour on phone to Belkin resetting Ip address and 'other things' (like ipconfig) and sure enough got a connection i.e. router working but still no internet and e-mail. They gave up at this point and said would phone back but no more help. Stuck. Help please - we use ntl broadband.

Scottish Lady

Danoh 21:36 25 May 06

try powering off the NTL modem and Belkin router.
Then power on the NTL modem, leaving it for a few minutes until the LED lights settle down.
Then power on the Belkin router and wait a few minutes for it to settle down.

That has worked for me before.
Having heard that routers could overheat and misbehave in such a way, I placed my Pre-N Belkin MIMO router (f5d8230) on a plastic box with heavy corrugations. This ensures air flow under the modem to the air holes underneath.
My occasional loss of wireless connections has never recurred since.

chalkie 23:48 25 May 06

This happens to me on a fairly regular basis, and the above tip with the ntl modem etc. seems to work most of the time.

Quite often the lights on the modem are not as they should be, random flashes, no sync light etc, ntl will always blame you if you are using router of any sort, even if they are the problem in the first place!!

Had to do this earlier today, after previously working fine

Good Luck.

scottish lady 09:04 26 May 06

Thank you both for replying - Belkin never did call back and my husband waited in all hot sunny afternoon! - but we eventually resolved it - by asking Windows network management to make the connection (we use XP pro)! Unbelievable we had spent two days trying this and trying that (with and without Belkin's help!). We did do what Danoh said and will take note if it happens again regards overheating - though the router sits on a wooden table so has room underneath. Many thanks to you both!

Scottish Lady

Danoh 13:17 26 May 06

I guess you uninstalled Belkin's wireless s/w and reverted to using Windows Wireless Network Wizard?
(oh, and would be good if you could tick the "resolved" box and and post)
Have a great weekend!!

ade.h 13:52 27 May 06

As Danoh has said.please tick it. It helps everyone.

scottish lady 17:04 27 May 06

thanks everyone - I have ticked the resolved box - twice now - so hope it works this time

Scottish Lady

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…