Belkin Wireless Card problems with connect

coliniok 22:23 18 Jun 08

Hi I have a pc running xp with a belkin g mimo router
My other pc runs windows ME i have installed a belkin wireless card.
My router shows up and i click connect and the card shows it is connected to the router,the problem is when i try to open internet explorer it says detecting proxy setting and will not open any pages says unable to find page.

i dont understand what is wrong and how to sort out
Any help would be great
Thanks colin

L8-tian 15:23 19 Jun 08

hi coliniok,
As i understand you are able to connect wirelessly to the router.But not able to go online. Here is the steps,

step1:Check the ip address in Pc(ME) whether its getting ip address in the range of the router.

Step2:Open up the internet explorer.on the top of the screen you can find the option like file,edit,view,favourites, tools and help.

click on tools and go to internet options.

Step3: you can find number of tabs on the top. In that click on "connections" tab.

under connection tab , you can find LAN settings button. click on it nad you can find 3 check boxes. the 3 check boxes should not be checked.if it is checked, unchecked all the checked boxes and say ok or apply.

then check you are able to go online.

IF above step doesnt work, try the below step,

step1:configure static DNS to the PC.
preferred DNS is 4.2.2.2
Alternate DNS is 4.2.2.1

and say ok.

step2:Restart the PC and check are you able to go online.

Hope this helps you.:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…