Belkin wireless adaptor Win XP

tmac 11:03 07 Feb 07

I have a Belikin wireless adaptor for us ewith SKY broadband. Every time I boot up the PC I find that it is disconnected and I have to repair it. Is this normal?

Graham. 11:07 07 Feb 07

Did the Belkin come from Sky? They use Netgear these days.

tmac 11:26 07 Feb 07

No I bought it locally

Graham. 15:44 07 Feb 07

Sky send you a wireless router when you sign up. This is designed to work with Sky, I don't think you can use a third party router.

tmac 15:52 07 Feb 07

I use the SKY router but the Belkin adaptor is the bit which goes into the PC

Graham. 16:22 07 Feb 07

Is this an internal card in a Desktop or an external card in a laptop? Give the model of the Adaptor, please.

tmac 16:30 07 Feb 07

This is an external adaptor which uses a usb port in my PC. Don't know the model but it is compatible with the sky router

Graham. 16:33 07 Feb 07

So, is this the main connection to the Sky router, you do not have an Ethernet/LAN port you can use?

tmac 16:37 07 Feb 07

I chose to go wireless so that I did not have to run a cable from the telephone socket up into the loft and down into my "office"

Graham. 16:42 07 Feb 07

Did you set up the Sky router to the PC first by means of a direct connection? That may be the solution.

tmac 16:45 07 Feb 07

No as my PC is in a different room to my BT box

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…