Belkin Wireless Adapter - XP freeze

karpethian 10:45 23 Aug 07

Hi there, hoping someone can help. I've had wireless in the flat for sometime now, but with a persistent problem that is driving me beserk.

I bought a Belkin MIMO router last year that sits in a room away and is connected to the modem. for the computer in my room, i purchased a wireless g plus mimo network adapter (a curved looking thing). This is also made by Belkin.

The issue i have is that the computer regularly freezes up entirely, needing the power to be turned off. This only ever happens when the adapter is plugged into its docking station. It happends randomly, sometimes after 5 minutes online, sometimes after 8 hours. There seems to be no regular reason for the crash.

Ive tried downloading new drivers, but the computer refuses to download acknowledge the adapter when it is plugged in with the new drivers.

the computer has no other problems, running perfectly when not connected to the internet.

hoping someone can help, its driving me nuts. being online is like having a gun to my head that can go off at anytime.

thanks in advance.

dms05 14:26 24 Aug 07

Have you tried checking if any firmware updates are available for your wifi adaptors? Look on the manufacturers website and enter your adaptors model number. Usually the downloads are under a heading called 'Support' or something similar.

Perry Vale 10:18 29 Nov 07

Hello all, first post here! :)

I've been having exactly the same problem as this and it's driving me nuts! My pc freezes almost every time I visit Google, and randomly on other sites. It even froze last night whilst I was downloading new definitions for Ad-Aware, and then when I rebooted, I couldn't run this program at all (as the current definitions weren't there any more).

Please help me fix this before I go mad.

Many Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…