Belkin usb network adapter

EFC1878 23:39 13 Jan 06

Having previously go soem very useful advice and answers I am back again.....

I amtrying to set up a network using a Belkin 54g wireless usb adapter but having a few configuration issues it would seem.

I am offered a choice of the ebst match for the hardware, both relating to the same Belkin product but with different location. One is c:\windows\inf\oem0.inf and the other is e:\drivers\1.0.0.0\win9x.rt73.inf

I am faced with an error message thta says that 'windows cannot configure this wireless connection and to start the WZC service I am pointed to microsoft article 871122

Howeve rit the Belkin manula it refers to go to article 826942 at whihc I am offered a download package for either XP-32 bit or XP-64 bit versions. Do Ineed to download eithe rand if so which?

Finally if I click on the icon in the sstem tray a menu pops up which includes an option to 'enable windows zero configuration (WZC)'. Do I follow this ? In addtion to or instead of the download above?

Sorry for some many questions but I would appreciate your help

Forum Editor 07:48 14 Jan 06

simply connects your wireless adapter to the strongest available radio signal. It's a blunt instrument if you like, and can be effective if there's only one wireless connection available. You'll do no harm by trying it.

Did you install the Belkin software before plugging in the wireless adapter, or afterwards?

If you download the Belkin package you want the 32bit version if you're running a standard version of Windows XP. The other version is for 64bit Windows installations.

EFC1878 10:21 14 Jan 06

Thanks for getting back to me.

I installed the software first as directed before plugging in.

I will run the WZC from the icon and I will download the 32-bit via the Belkin recoomeded windows download.

I assume that I should use the c:\ hardware choice as this seemed to be the default. Did not understand the e:\ choice as the e:\ is my dvd drive.

Thanks again

Forum Editor 11:16 14 Jan 06

how you get on will you?

EFC1878 22:36 15 Jan 06

Have made some prggress and actually got the 'client' computer to identify the network set-up on the host computer once but this cooneection will not stay in the available networks box on the client machine.

Still a red X on both machines against the network connections.

Next step is to get amates laptop and place them side by side to se ehow we get on.

Firs ttime round I seem to recall get an idication of the signal strength for each network but not sure how I fund this now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017