Belkin usb n150 - acquiring network address!!

ioloj 10:30 28 Aug 09

Hi,

I have recently moved home and due to its layout needed to connect my desktop to a wireless router via an usb adapter. The desktop and the router are in the same room but connecting them using an ethernet would mean running a cable accross the floor which is not really practical with a two year old running around.

I went to Pc World and decided to go with a Belkin Enhanced Wireless UDB Adapter as I was told it would do the job.

The router is a Netgear provided by SKY and my laptop works fine with it. However, when trying to connect my desktop it seems to hang forever on 'Acquiring network address'!

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Please be mindful that you are talking to an absolute novice here!!

thanks!

ashleycardwell94 23:07 09 Sep 09

is you specify what operating system and service pack i might be able to help

marciangeorge 10:32 25 Sep 09

You are most likely entering the network key incorrectly - its case sensitive.

Its one of those catch 22 situations. Normally when you enter a password or key the system goes off somewhere and checks it. Then they system tells you whether its right or wrong be either logging you in or popping up and error.

BUT when you are attempting to connect to a wireless router it can't verify what you have entered as the key until you are connected. BUT you can't be verified until you connect - basically when you have given it a correct key.

It should really warn you about this. N'mind eh?

Any more probs - let me know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now