Belkin USB modem/router setup

Sparky0138 07:09 05 Jul 05

At the moment I have a Belkin modem (with wireless G router - all-in-one jobby) connected to a PC using an ethernet networking cable, with another PC connected using a wireless USB adapter.

It's connected to the phone line using an extension and I think this is causing the connection to drop. I'd like to plug the modem/router straight into the phone socket and what I'd like to know is if it's possible to continue networking and sharing the broadband connection between the 2 PC's if I keep it connected directly into the phone socket but instead of using an ethernet cable, use 2 USB adapters instead...or does one PC always have to be connected using an ethernet cable, meaning I'll have to invest in a longer cable?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

retep888 15:34 05 Jul 05

one pc always connected to the router, two usb 2 adapters will do the job nicely,but it's always advised to use the cable when configuring the router setting.

I don't think the extension is the main reason of connection dropping,I have an extension line over 80ft and I have no problem at all.

Check if there is any interference,try moving the router or pc around and change the channel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…