BELKIN USB HUB (F5L009)

Voiceoverman 19:07 13 Feb 08

Hi

This hub is one of Belkin's latest and doubles up as both a USB 2 Hub + Printer Server/share. I'm actually quite impressed with it BUT my PC has two accounts running on it. One for me, one for my partner. I can access and get the device to connect to my printer on my log-in, no hassles, but my other half can't get it to print from her log-in/account. An error message comes up saying that the USB device is already in use! Yes it is, on the same PC but under my account, which I've logged out of! As soon as I log on in to my account, the printer fires up and starts spilling out all the stuff my partner's tried to print.

I've contacted BELKIN and they suggested firewall settings as the possible cause, or other such settings. I can't see any differences in the PC firewall settings between my account and the other? Feel I've been a bit fobbed off to be honest - but benefit of the doubt, thought I'd check here in the forum before I beat a path back to them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…