Belkin USB adapter not working... help please!

Negation 13:41 21 Dec 09

I have been using a Belkin wireless USB adapted for about 3 years now and have not had any problems so far. However, my hard drive recently went crazy and I've lost everything on it.

I re-installed the Belkin software and plugged the adapter into the USB port but when I tried to open up the Belkin programme I keep getting a message that states "cannot trace USB device" or something like that. There is a faint green light on the adapter itself when it is plugged in but not as bright as it used to be.

Any ideas how I can fix it? I've tried all ther USB ports (which work when other things are plugged in) but that doesn't seem to help.

Thanks in advance.

User-1229748 14:19 21 Dec 09

have you got another pc you can try the adapter on?

Negation 14:23 21 Dec 09

I don't have another one but I suppose I can try it on a friends. Will try and do that this evening and see how it goes.

Thanks for the reply.

Negation 09:14 22 Dec 09

Ok so I plugged in the adapter on a friend's computer and I got a message which said new USB device detected so I guess that there is nothing wrong with the adapter itself.

I thought I would try and re-install the software and start again but it won't un-install. I went in through the control panel, clicked on change/remove programme and it asked if I wanted to remove it. I clicked yes and the Install Wizard came up saying that it had been successfully installed! Very strange.

Any ideas?

User-1229748 15:04 22 Dec 09

try removing the belkin software with revo free.never used it myself but many recommend it on these forums.apparently when revo removes and asks you if you want to restart your pc do not restart at this point let revo carry on and do its stuff. click here

100andthirty 07:20 23 Dec 09

when you fixed your hard disc, I assume you reinstalled the US drivers before putting on the Belkin drivers/software?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009