Belkin: Setting up a wireless network

Auriel 19:05 26 Aug 05

Hello, I am new to the site.

I have been using a belking wireless G router connected my NTL computer and the downstairs computer to allow my upstairs computer to acess the internet.
However, I wish to use the computers to be networked to gether, allowing me to play over the network. Going into My network places (I am running XP with service pack 2) there is --no network!--

I am completely comfused over this, I have been trying to use the variety of options available in the my network places screen to set up the network, but to no avail.

The set up a wireless network screen doesn't work very well for me because a) i don't have a flash drive (atleast not one that i can find)
and
b)set up a network manuall doesn't work because the belkin wireless g network card that my upstairs computer is using has its own interface to run, and xp doesn't seem to like this.

Please could someone tell me, step by step to get the network working on both pcs :)

Thank you,

Alex.

Strawballs 21:35 26 Aug 05

If you are already using the network to access the net then you do not need to use the wireless wizard but use the network wizard on both (if they are both XP if not run on XP machine and produce floppy or cd when asked and run it on the other 1) and check that the firewall settings on both machines allow access to each other.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…