Belkin router/talktalk connection problems

aw6334 15:37 09 Jan 08

I am having an intermittent connection problem. Most times it connects to broadband with no problem, but then for no reason, it stops working. If I cut the power to the modem for 10 seconds, switch back on again, it then connects and is fine - for a while - it may work for 10 minutes or 10 hours before losing the connection again.

It seems to be getting more and more common - I am having to 'flick the switch' about 10 times a day now.

I am wary of phoning Belkin, who will blame TalkTalk, and phoning TalkTalk, who will blame the router.

Any ideas whose fault it may be, and what I can do about it?

The Mountaineer 15:44 09 Jan 08

About a year ago I had a similar problem with my Belkin router/modem. My broadband provider is Wanadoo/Orange. I got Wanadoo to "test" the line for me, some sort of fault was found and reported to BT. After this, very few problems other than occasionally having to go into the Belkin router homepage and re-setting "connect".

mikesuther 15:51 09 Jan 08

i use talktalk with a Belkin router and I have to say i have had little trouble. one thing I did when I received my router was to check the Belkin router website and downloaded the latest flash update for my router. Make sure you download the correct driver as you can appreciate there are a number of different drivers available.

tightguard 20:46 18 Mar 08

I am having the same problem been with talktalk some 2 years now after they upgraded my line its all gone wrong I have called there help desk many times, its got to the stage of moving ship I just did a search and found your having the same problem. They did say it as there fault at the end and some one wil get back to me after 48 hrs this has been going on now for 3 weeks. Same wirless router dipping out maybe connected for 1 min to 10 hours its just not reliable now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…