Belkin Router losing connection

Anny.Robinson 00:36 30 Sep 07

I apologise if this has been covered loads of times already, but I only get a connection to the interent occasionally, so I need to move fast!

We have NTL/Virgin cable broadband and I am on our second Belkin Wireless G Router. We have two PCs with Belkin Wireless G USB Network Adaptors. The first router we got a couple of years ago when we only had one PC. When we gor a second PC things were OK for a while. Some months ago we began to get problems in connecting or maintaining a connection to the internet. Some days both PCs connect fine, other days we cannot get either to connect ot they cut in and out for a few minutes.

Belkin sent us a new router when I asked them for help, but this is not much better than the first one. NTL have tested the cable modem and says it is OK.

Some other facts: when I brought my work laptop home, which has an internal wireless card, it could detect about 5 or 6 wireless networks in the area. Our PCs regularly try to connect to other networks instead of our own - many other these are not secured. One in particular seems to cut in regularly.

I am also totally confused about how to secure our own network. The information in the Belkin box is very difficult to understand and when I tried to secure the network I could not get either PC to connect.

So, can anyone help? Should I buy a different router - is there one that could give me a more reliable connection or a stronger signal.

Many thanks

rambus 09:38 30 Sep 07

you are proberly on the same port as another user in your area. go into your routers home page and change it to another.you can also enable your security while you are ther which is an absolute must. if you are not sure how to do this search the archives on this site, there are loads of posts to help you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced