Belkin Router Loses Connection

kingbullit 20:31 16 Feb 06

I have the Belkin F5D7230uk4 wireless router connected to a BT Voyager 205 ADSL Modem and a BT Voyager 1040 PCI Adapter. My Broadband connection is with IC24 and is a PPPoa connection. However the router does not work if I enter the username and password in the browser under Internet WAN/Connection Type/PPPoa. It will only work when I select Dynamic IP. I have a Static IP assigned to me when I connect to my providers’ servers. After a few minutes usage the router goes down. This generally happens whenever I try to download any large files. When I check the Router, all lights except the “Modem” light have gone off. It will only work again if I remove the power supply and the reconnect. I would be grateful for any help you can offer.

ade.h 20:39 16 Feb 06

Is "automatic PVC scan" checked?

I would also suggest a firmware update in case you have older stock, as the 72 did have a few teething troubles - one of which was connection issues with static IPs. The 76 works fine with static IPs (which I know from my own experience).

Rioja 21:01 16 Feb 06

The BT Voyager 205 is a combined ADSL Modem/Router and it is the modem section of this that terminates your ADSL signal, not the Belkin. The Belkin must therefore use a Static conection to the ethernet (LAN) port of the 205.

Have a look at my diagrams here:

click here

This should give you some pointers.

Regards,
Rioja

kingbullit 18:48 12 Apr 06

Initially this seemed to work but now the problem has resurfaced. I've tried the set up as listed under "(Wireless)DSL/Cable Router behind ADSL Modem/Router" on the link, I assume that correct?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now