Belkin router; Intenet access limiting

Danoh 13:50 10 May 06

My Belkin F5D8230 router allows me to stop internet access between certain times and days of the week, for specific PCs' IP addresses.

Within the 1st 2 days of operations, my sons had sussed that if they kept an application's internet link going (e.g. I.Explorer, MediaPlayer, etc) past the evening cut-off time, they can stay connected until the application is shut down.

Is there something else I could do to "enforce" the weekday internet access limits (for a few days/wks until they crack it again... :-(

websurfowen 14:00 10 May 06

I have had the same problem. The only way around this is to automatically restart your computer at the same time everyday. I experimented with the program'PC SHUTDOWN' The url is here click here

Have a go at this

websurfowen 14:03 10 May 06

Aye Parental Control

Try another program called 'Aye Parental Control' The website is here click here

Danoh 14:09 10 May 06

Thanks, websurfowen!!
Current ultimatum is to disallow ANY internet access during weekdays completely, if they persist! :-)

bobbyburtie 00:18 12 May 06

I had the same problem, presume you're using Client IP Filters. I solved it by setting the range of ports to be blocked to 80 - 65535, (both TCP and UDP). They haven't found a way round that yet!

Danoh 09:23 12 May 06

Thank you, bobbyburtie!
I'd only set it for port 80 ~ I'll extend that for 80 - 65535 and report back on the results!

Danoh 09:16 14 May 06

Brilliant, bobbyburtie; that's worked a treat!! Thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…