Belkin router freezing pc

papa lazarous 12:07 25 Oct 03

i have recently bought a belkin wireless router to share my broadband
connection but since i have connected it, when i am using the pc that is plugged directly into the router (not the wireless one)the pc will randomly start to freeze for around 12 seconds then it will be ok for around 4 seconds then freeze again then its ok etc. if i power down the router the pc continues to work fine until i turn the router on again. at this point i have to restart the pc to get the router to work correctly again. i can be connected to the net through the router for and length of time befor this starts to happen. does anyone have a clue what is causing this or is it just a faulty router.
p.s. the wireless pc connects ok.

any help would be much appreciated!

recap 19:27 25 Oct 03

If you have a personal firewall and one on the router try turning one of them off as they may be conflicting.

CamPatUK 18:36 07 Jul 04

There are loads of documented problems with this router, known fixes for various problems are setting MTU to 1400, setting idle disconnect to 0 and believe it or not i've even heard of people being despatched 5v psu's instead of the standard 12v due to overheating of the dhcp cpu. I have one of these myself but am within the return period and am seriously considering it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…