Belkin router

swanny2 16:37 08 Mar 08

My sons laptop is wireless and it connected (the router) too my pc,now when i got too the beelkin router homepageand tick on wpa2 only then add my password ,an click save,,my son isnt able too get on the net then,because its asking for a networkk id>...Any ideas where i get this from please as we can put our password in but not the network code.. If i got too click disable ,he then can get on the net,and so can my neighbour across the road,witch im a bit concered about,others on my network
thans in advance .
Swanny :O)

Kemistri 19:33 08 Mar 08

"Network ID" is not exactly a standard term; it could mean the workgroup, the service set identifier (SSID) or the encryption key. More exact details required, please.

By the way; did you ensure that your son's WLAN receiver supports WPA2?

swanny2 19:39 08 Mar 08

cheers mate. no i dint check as i dont know how. an yes i think it was the key it was asking for. thanks anyway

Kemistri 22:44 08 Mar 08

If the device's documentation isn't available, check the relevant website. If you post a make and model number, plus any revision number, I'll take a look. When setting an encryption key, I always find it a big help to write in Notepad first, then just paste it into the router's settings and paste it again when I need to use it on PCs -- less effort, no risk of typing errors.

swanny2 23:54 08 Mar 08

ok cheers mate i will look in morn when me sons not on it. thanks

swanny2 11:52 09 Mar 08

hi
the model number for the router is-f507230-4

theres also uner neath that a fcc-id,a ic number and a serial number.
thanks

Kemistri 14:33 09 Mar 08

That's the router, not the adapter.

One thing that I forgot to add yesterday; make sure that you set the adapter to use the AES protocol instead of TKIP, because WPA2 uses CCMP, which is identified as AES in Windows W-LAN settings. You'll find it in a drop-down in the properties window of the W-LAN connection in Network Connections.

swanny2 17:39 09 Mar 08

cheers mate, but im a bit lost in what your ttrying too expain , never done this before,all i know is his laptop works via a router from mmy pc (ethernet awire in back of my pc) this then goes too the router via a blue wire. hope you understand that . :O)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now