belkin router

lignum vitae 12:22 19 Feb 07

This is an extract from a email sent me by my son.he is trying to fit a belkin router.
"I bought it only to be frustrated by the family aqt every turn when it came to setting it up. Eventually managed to squeeze 5 mins out and discovered my router only has an ethernet connection and no USB whereas my modem is only USB.

Answers on aq postcard because I can't take it back now I've opened the packaging. Do you know if I can get an adaptor?

The only answer I have to this problem is to but the combined router and modem off talktalk as I probably should have done in the first place so it looks like I may have cost myself £49.99 too much on this little idea.

Does anyone know how he can use this on his laptop

2neat 12:44 19 Feb 07

yeah right. Can't make any sense out of this!

Taff™ 12:46 19 Feb 07

We might need to know if the Belkin Router is Cable or ADSL - I assume the latter if it`s Talk Talk and he`s using a normal telephone line. Is the Belkin therefore suitable for ADSL? If it has only an ethernet connection I suspect he`s bought one for a Cable Connection. Model Number?

Ecky-Thump 16:46 19 Feb 07

Yes I am afraid my neighbour fell into the same trap, they do not seem to make a router that takes a USB modem, only ethernet modems or Routers with built in modems, which unfortunately you should have purchased.
He ended up giving it to me, and we could only get 99p for it on ebay .... we live and learn ... a good retailer may take it back

sorry no good news ..
eckythump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac