Belkin Router

recap 20:04 30 Dec 06

My sons girlfriend asked if you would help install her Belkin router for her.

On configuring the router, everything was going fine until I got to the process of the security setting when the page would not load or even go back. There was nothing happening, a Windows message came up telling me that the connection had been lost, which it clearly hadn't.

I uninstalled the software, reconfigured the wireless network, started confirguring the routers software but still nothing, when attempting to get in to the security settings for the router.

Could the router be faulty?

Ashrich 20:41 30 Dec 06

Were you configuring it wirelessly or through the cable provided ? Had you already set the security code before losing the connection ?

Ashley

recap 12:17 31 Dec 06

I was confirguring it through the cable connection not the wireless one. It would not allow me to go to the security options, the page would not load.

Ashrich 21:11 31 Dec 06

Have you tried disabling the firewall while trying to access the router , that may be blocking it loading and also turn off any pop up blockers as well , and instead of installing the software try just loading the drivers and letting Windows manage the wireless part , it generally does a better job that the stuff manufacturers turn out .

Ashley

STREETWORK 09:09 01 Jan 07

When setting this type of connection up you should disable any firewall and anti virus as this can cause the problem described...

recap 12:52 01 Jan 07

Thanks folks,

The initial setup attempt had the firewall and Norton Anti-Virus disabled.

I just tried again both with and without the cable connected to no avail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…