Belkin Pre-n router F5D8630 & AOL

mattandrew 13:28 02 Apr 07

A friend as asked me to set me a wireless network for them, they are on AOL, I have a spare pre-n router as above and was going to use this. I have set me a few wireless networks using belkin router by putting the user name and password for the ISP in the correct settings in the router and never had problems.
Is this the same procedure with AOL as i understand they are different. They currently use AOL's browser, can this still be used using a belkin router. Is it possible to use Internet explorer with the wireless router?

Thanks Matt

rdave13 15:46 02 Apr 07

With AOL you need to create a secondary master screen name (18+) and password just for the router.

mattandrew 16:05 02 Apr 07

so if i create a secondary master name can all users use this to access the internet via the router

rdave13 16:34 02 Apr 07

The router will connect to the net via the name and password. You'll be able to browse using any browser exept AOL. To connect to AOL use your usual screen name and password (not the routers!)

mattandrew 17:16 02 Apr 07

little confused. So in the router settings do i use the secondary master screen name?
so if i use Internet explorer do i need to put any user names etc in when i browse the internet?
What if more than one person uses internet do they both need to put in user name.

Thanks for help, i will know more when i go to install. cheers matt

rdave13 19:14 02 Apr 07

The router will be connected to aol as soon as it's set up. You can browse using ie7 or ff as the router will be on line. To use aol's software you need to sign in as usual.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac