Belkin Pre-N Desktop Network Card - code 12

Stanley P 11:46 19 Feb 06

I have been trying to set up a Belkin Wireless Pre-N desktop network card.

The computer has a Gigabyte GA-7ZXR motherboard with an AMD Duron 850 processessor and 512Mb of memory. The only peripheral is a printer on the LTP port.

The PCI adaptor card is working correctly according to the Windows Device Manager.

The first problem was the installatin of the Pre-N Notebook Network card. The installation instructions say the card should be plugged in label up. The photograph on the front of the instructions shows the card plugged in label down.

I had already plugged the card in upside down before I realised that the instructions must be wrong. When I turned the card over I got the ding-dong one gets when plugging in a USB device. Will this initial plugging-in the wrong way up have damaged the card?

The card does not work, the device manager shows a 'Code 12' error. i.e. there are not enough resourses for the card. This seems silly because the computer has next to nothing using resourses.

Belkin's help line was of no assistance, there were understanding difficulties on both sides and the 'helper' sounded as if he were at the bottom of a well complete with satellite lag and a horribe phone line.

I will be pleased if someone can help me sort out the problem.

JWJH 13:36 19 Feb 06

click here and scroll down to error 12 for MS suggested resolution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…