Belkin PCI wireless adapter problem

FatboySlim71 16:36 20 Sep 07

Belkin PCI wireless adapter problem

I am running XP Pro.
I have just bought a Belkin PCI wireless adapter F5D7000 to use with my Netgear DG834G wireless router (which I have owned for 5 months or so)

I have done everything that I can think of. I installed the software and followed all the instructions to the letter.

I have shown on the taskbar (Wireless Network connection 4). The problem I am having is, Wireless Network connection 4 just keeps showing "Acquiring network address" then after about 4 seconds it shows "not connected" then it shows ""acquiring network address" and then 4 seconds later "not connected" and so on and so on.

Could it be that my Netgear DG834G wireless router is not compatible with the PCI wireless adapter. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

FatboySlim71 17:07 20 Sep 07

bump

Ashrich 20:07 20 Sep 07

Double click on the icon on the desktop , view wireless network , manage networks , tick the box " Allow Windows to manage my wireless connections " see if that helps , as the usual supplied software with these things isn't always that good .

Ashley

FatboySlim71 00:06 21 Sep 07

After trying and trying I gave up and returned it back to the shop. Was not impressed at all with this piece of kit. Thanks to all that replied.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…