Belkin or SKY Router

acceptmyname 15:26 04 Dec 07

I have recently change my internet provider to SKY and in the SKY package you get a free Netgear wireless router which i now use with my old Belkin wireless network adapter but i wanted to know could i still use my old Belkin wireless router as i believe the performance from it was better more stability....etc

I have tried to use the Belkin router but for some reason it does not so my network signal being sent out from the router so i cannot not connect, I find this strange as it does show my neighbours network signals and i would be able to connect to them if i had there passwords.

Before anybody starts I am by no means trying to connect to my neighbours internet i have just stated that as it might help.

acceptmyname 15:28 04 Dec 07

sorry i have just noticed this should be in the network forum but as i have already posted it here I apologise.

acceptmyname 16:07 04 Dec 07

Does that mean that i cant or i will just be breaking there T&C if i do

SANTOS7 16:12 04 Dec 07

Does that mean that i cant...

you have already tried and you can't...

i know SKY routers are locked so you cannot use them with any other ISP, it may be that you cannot do it the other way round either....

pk46 16:19 04 Dec 07

The Netgear Sky router is preset for sky Broadband
so i doubt if you could use another make of router
and get it to work.

acceptmyname 16:19 04 Dec 07

Ok Thanks for the help i will just have to stick with the sky router then.

acceptmyname 16:20 04 Dec 07

Just a thought, why can i pick up other peoples Sky signal with my Belkin router and not my own.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…