Belkin or Netgear Router?

snowy30 17:40 PM 24 Aug 10

Can somebody suggest what router they would recommend from the links below? I'm after a router to connect my Blu-ray player downstairs to the internet which is upstairs, would you recommend any of them below?

click here

click here

click here

snowy30 23:54 PM 24 Aug 10

Thanks for your help.

Taff™ 06:33 AM 25 Aug 10

The first two links are for Cable Modems which can only be used with Virgin whereas the last one is an ADSL Modem Router for a BT type connection. The first thing you need to tell us is who your ISP is.

You`re also comparing routers with Wireless N capability (First two) with the older, but adequate Wireless G standard. Wireless N is obviously better but to make best use of the increased range and speeds you would need all the equipment to be using the same. What are the two computers you are using and when you say "Connect your Blueray player to the Internet" - what exactly are you trying to do?

snowy30 17:14 PM 25 Aug 10

I'm with Virgin

I want to link my Blu-ray, using a Sony adapter, to a wireless router so as I can connect to the internet.

Taff™ 09:30 AM 26 Aug 10

Please clarify - you have a computer upstairs which connects to the internet via Virgin Cable? Downstairs you have a Blueray player - Is that in another computer or just stand alone? What precisely is the make and model of that device?

Also still not sure why you want to connect the bluray player to the upstairs computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…