Belkin N1 Vision dropping wireless connection

GorseFox 11:19 07 Dec 08

I have an new ADSL Belkin N1. It is driving me mad. If I'm right next to it then my wireless signal on my Thinkpad T61 is strong and stable.

If I drift into other rooms of the house it drops the signal every minute or two. This never used to happen with my previous Netgear or my BT Homehub.

I am beginning to wonder if this was a bad choice and the hype over its potential range is unfounded. Has anyone got any (polite) suggestions as to how I may resolve this. The Belkin website seems to offer no clues, though there seems to be a number of discussions elsewhere on the web that imply that I am not alone in this.

GorseFox 19:57 07 Dec 08

I may have found the solution.

I had the wireless setting on the laptop set to "Auto". I have reset this value to "54G" and so far the signal has remained stable... so I assume that the problem was related to the router and laptop periodically checking whether they could find a better protocol for the connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…