belkin n1 vision

amosoreilly 18:12 26 Jan 09

i have just set up my first wireless network i have virgin media cable with the new belkin n1 vision router. All is set up and working i think. I connected my hp photosmart c4380 wirelessly and it also works fine. my query is on the display screen of the belkin n1 vision it tells you how many wireless devices are connected to the router mine says WIRELESS DEVICE: 1, this is my laptop as i only have one connected, but what i want to know is should my wireless printer show up as a wireless device on the belkin display. This confuses me as if i try to connect my psp the display says WIRELESS DEVICE: 2, so therefore you would think it will pick up on the printer. with thanks.

mgmcc 22:41 26 Jan 09

I suspect that the PC and PSP are displayed in the router's settings because they are network devices which connect to the router. The printer is a device which is accessed over the network by virtue of its being in the same subnet (IP address range) as the rest of the network, but it doesn't actively connect to the router in the same way as a computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…