belkin N router and bt modem problem

tinycowboy 17:06 07 Oct 07

Help! I just bought a belkin N wireless router to connect up my desktop and laptop without realising that my old bt voyager 100 modem has no ethernet socket so I can't connect everything up. What should I get? Presumably a replacement modem would be the best bet? What modem can I get that has an ethernet socket and will work easily with my current bt broadband connection?
Many thanks!

ambra4 18:50 07 Oct 07

Check this one out

click here

nange 00:07 09 Oct 07

I have the same problem - BT voyager 105 and newly purchased Belkin N1 wireless router. Did the Dlink solve your problem?

tinycowboy 08:32 09 Oct 07

In a state of impatience I got a netgear ethernet adsl modem instead and have got it up and working (took about 5 hours of fiddling!) still no luck connecting it properly to the router - am wondering if it's to do with the distance between phone line and router - I have quite a long extension lead - the router says the wireless signal is low and it won't go on line - all the lights except the last internet one are on and all the cables are correctly connected.
Anyone have any ideas?

ambra4 10:55 09 Oct 07

Take a read here could save you some time

click here

tinycowboy 13:11 09 Oct 07

Will give it a proper read now - after a brief glance I'm feeling quite surprised I even managed to get the modem working! I did keep getting an error message and only managed to sort it thanks to another forum. Am going to have another try at connecting the router now, so will read the forum first - thanks again!

tinycowboy 13:28 09 Oct 07

Can't thank you enough - am now on line using modem with router, all thanks to one of the messages on that forum! Brilliant!

ambra4 13:35 09 Oct 07

Glad to hear you got it working what make you buy the netgear

nange

Who have the same problem need some advise

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now