??Belkin modem/router with xbox???

nopulse 20:33 23 Apr 05

hi ppl,

I bought a Belkin ADSL Modem with Built-in wireless router model F5D7630 yesterday and its great. That is great with my pc, when i plug the xbox into it, ethernet cable which works fine, i cant get live. It checks cables then IPS but is getting stuck on DNS. I did phone Belkin and the only real help they gave was it could be the built-in firewall stopping the xbox going out and they want a MAC numeber or something which is in the xbox?? said i need 2 phone microsoft for it. It sounded like they were reaching to me because the bloke i was talking too didnt even know what an xbox was even after i explained it to him. Anyway does any1 know if i need the firewall on the Belkin switched on as i have 1 on my PC and if i dont how do i switch it off? If i cant do that then does any1 know what this MAC thing is and how i get hold of microsoft about it?? sorry this is long but im really stuck now, i bought the router because every1 said it would make getting xbox live easier, yer right. Mind your the internet on my pc is quicker and the download is well fast. any cheers to any1 who can lead me in the right direction.

timeteam2004 22:19 23 Apr 05

1. Insert your Xbox Live DVD in the drive. The software will automatically run and update the Xbox dashboard to show the Xbox Live option. Once this is complete, eject the CD and make sure you have your network cable plugged in to your Xbox and in the network port in your room. Open the Xbox Live menu.
2. Go to the Network Setup menu.
3. In the lower right corner of the screen will be "MAC=" followed by a combination of 12 numbers and letters (see below). Write this down as you will need this to complete the Manual Registration form.
4. Go to click here (also accessible by the Register tab at click here). You will need to use your myUNIverse login and accept the ResNet policy. Once there you'll need to enter the MAC address you wrote down. For the reason for registration type in that it's an Xbox and can only be registered manually. Once all the information is completed it will be sent off for approval.
5. Make sure your console is set to use DHCP and that no network numbers/IP addresses have been set, as ResNet uses DHCP for connectivity.
6. Once approved (usually within one business day), go back into the Xbox Live menu and then into Network Settings. Scroll down and open the Connect menu. This will open a diagnostic menu pictured below that verifies that a connection can be made to the Xbox Live service.
7. You should now have access. To test the configuration, load an Xbox Live enabled game. For more help with Xbox Live visit the official web site at Xbox.com.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac