1. Insert your Xbox Live DVD in the drive. The software will automatically run and update the Xbox dashboard to show the Xbox Live option. Once this is complete, eject the CD and make sure you have your network cable plugged in to your Xbox and in the network port in your room. Open the Xbox Live menu.
2. Go to the Network Setup menu.
3. In the lower right corner of the screen will be "MAC=" followed by a combination of 12 numbers and letters (see below). Write this down as you will need this to complete the Manual Registration form.
4. Go to click here (also accessible by the Register tab at click here). You will need to use your myUNIverse login and accept the ResNet policy. Once there you'll need to enter the MAC address you wrote down. For the reason for registration type in that it's an Xbox and can only be registered manually. Once all the information is completed it will be sent off for approval.
5. Make sure your console is set to use DHCP and that no network numbers/IP addresses have been set, as ResNet uses DHCP for connectivity.
6. Once approved (usually within one business day), go back into the Xbox Live menu and then into Network Settings. Scroll down and open the Connect menu. This will open a diagnostic menu pictured below that verifies that a connection can be made to the Xbox Live service.
7. You should now have access. To test the configuration, load an Xbox Live enabled game. For more help with Xbox Live visit the official web site at Xbox.com.