Belkin Modem/Router problem

DaMilkman 12:27 27 Dec 06

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Ive just bought a belkin modem/router to replace my bt voyager ADSL USB connected Modem. Just bought a laptop so want wireless internet. Physically its setup correctly, DLS cable into phoneline and Ethernet cable into LAN port on desktop. All LEDs on the unit that should be lit, are. Problem occurs when i open my web browser and type the IP address 192.168.2.1 so that i can configure the router. Ive looked for static IP addresses on the LAN settings but i dont have a static IP address, but this shouldnt be a problem. Im just now stuck as to what to do next. After endless hours of trying i need serious help!!! any offers?

Ashrich 18:32 27 Dec 06

Have a look at the properties of the network card on your PC , it may not be set up for getting an IP address automatically , go to Network connections in Control panel and right click on your network card , it will be listed as " Lan connection " double click on it and you will see a listing called " Internet Protocol ( TCP/IP ) , and see if " obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server automatically are both ticked , Ok your way back to the desktop and then go to start / run and in the box type "cmd " then in the dos box type "ipconfig/all" ,and see if you are getting an IP address from the router , you should see something like ( a few lines down ) Default Gateway , DHCP server and DNS servers all with the same IP , this is what you enter into your browser to gain access to the setup page .

Ashley

Alf58 21:29 27 Dec 06

Belkin have excelent technical help desk. Phone number will be on the box router came in.

Woolwell 21:53 27 Dec 06

Have you turned off your Firewall before typing in 192.168.2.1? This can be a problem.

I recently set up a Belkin and had a terrible time getting to the configuration page. I found Belkin support to be very helpful.

Turned out that there was an unknown problem with the desktop (never sorted it out) and I configured by using the laptop connecting by ethernet. Once configured the laptop works wirelessly and the desktop by lan with no problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced