Belkin Modem Router F6D 4630-4 v2 Blinking internet light when not in use.

tilly 2 16:26 PM 24 Jan 13

Please can anyone help me, I know nothing about routers. Why all of a sudden does my internet light on my modem flash orange when I have turned off my computer. I looked up in the manual troubleshoot section. It says the blinking orange light (which is normally steady green when in use) is trying to connect to the internet. I don't understand that when the computer is turned off. I am able to connect to the internet ok. To get rid of the flashing light I turn off the modem when I finish using the computer each time.

Chronos the 2nd 07:32 AM 25 Jan 13

Are you using the router wirelessly,phone ,tablet, games console etc?

tilly 2 08:41 AM 25 Jan 13

Yes I have a laptop which I use in the next room. My main desk top pc is where the modem is connected.

Chronos the 2nd 08:54 AM 25 Jan 13

Is your wireless access secure? Have you set a decent password?

tilly 2 09:15 AM 25 Jan 13

Yes I hope so. This was set up by a reliable friend. As I did'nt understand the set up procedure.

Chronos the 2nd 09:23 AM 25 Jan 13

Is this your router? Belkin.

tilly 2 09:38 AM 25 Jan 13

Yes that looks like it.

tilly 2 09:52 AM 25 Jan 13

Just checked out my manual. There is a slight difference in numbers. My manual number is F6D 4630-4 v2 Yours is F6D 4230-4. Don't know if that makes any difference.

Chronos the 2nd 10:33 AM 25 Jan 13

It's the same,near enough.

And its the bottom light that is flashing?

tilly 2 11:41 AM 25 Jan 13

Yes that's right. The one that says internet. It flashes orange when I shut down.

Chronos the 2nd 12:14 PM 25 Jan 13

According to the manual when that light is flashing/blinking it means that the router is trying to connect to the internet. Why it should be doing so I have no idea.

I would suggest going to Belkin support and contacting customer service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know