BELKIN MODEM/ ROUTER CONFIG PROBLEMS

albiepalbie 14:02 07 Mar 06

I bought a ADSL Modem Router on Sunday from PC World and have been trying to configure to work with my AOL account. Like some of you, I am also on AOL Silver which means that they kindly do not give our home networking support. Helpful.

Anyway, I have spent some time in conference with Belkin Support Desk to identify the problem - in short I do not seem to be able to get the PPPoA option which AOL suggest - only PPPoE.

Belkin have suggested I return to the store and get PC World to check that the hardware is not faulty. Any ideas before I do so.

I'm running XP Media Edition on a new Dell 3100. The model number of the modem router is Belkin Wireless 11g (54Mbps) ADSL Modem+Router F5D7632UK4.

As always, anyone with advice is warmly appreciated.

Fingees 14:23 07 Mar 06

Select Internet Wan/connection type on left column of set up page.

You will then seesee near top towards right a setting in a box. click on down arrow

select what you want from the drop down menu.

It is there, I use it.

all the best.

albiepalbie 14:26 07 Mar 06

When I click on Connection Type I only get one option and this is PPPoE. It is greyed out and prevents me from selecting anything else.

Fingees 14:30 07 Mar 06

Have you entered your log in name and password correctly on the page?

albiepalbie 14:32 07 Mar 06

Have not got this far. Belkin Support would not entertain anything else while I could not see PPPoA.

Fingees 14:37 07 Mar 06

Until you have entered your log in name and password, it will be greyed out, as you can't change anything.

I will read up my manual, and see if I can help in a little while.

Fingees 14:52 07 Mar 06

Just read up to remind myself.

You have to enter your ISP user name and password in the boxes before you can do anything.

I take it initially you are connected by USB, not wireless.

Although it can be set up wirelessly, it's better to use direct connection until set up, then go to wireless.

albiepalbie 12:30 08 Mar 06

Fingees - thanks for the advice. Worked a treat. AOL - thanks for nothing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009