Belkin Hi-speed USB 2 notebook card

Patched 15:19 11 Jan 04

I have recently purchased an HP scanjet 5500c and I decided to upgrade my notebook to USB 2 using a Belkin Hi-speed USB notebook card.

Belkin recommended either allowing Windows XP to detect and install the drivers or to use the drivers on the disc provided.

The scanner functions normally when connected to the USB 1.1 socket but “freezes up” the computer when connected to the USB 2 socket.

When either method is used to install the drivers in the device driver a new heading under USB is added “Standard enhanced PCI to USB host controller” which isn’t exactly what Belkin says should appear in the device manager.

My Iomega CD RW 16x10x40 (USB 2) works ok but is it at USB 2 speed? The same applies to my Epson C62.

So is this a problem with the notebook card or the scanner?

Can anyone help me to resolve this problem?

Cesar 10:29 14 Jan 04

I am currently using a Belkin USB 2.0 notebook card also a Belkin 4 Port Bus from which I run an external HDD, Zip 100 and a Maxtor External HDD and no problems, check the USB Root in the Device Manager to see if their are any problems, It looks as if your scanner is causing the problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…