Belkin F5D9050

RJack 12:45 29 May 07

Hi all,

1st post but i'm looking for some help. I'm not sure if it's anything to do with my connection but it's worth a try.

I bought a Belkin F5D9050 Adapter with Mimo as i've just moved into my GF's who has a Linksys Router.

I have managed to get connected to her network ok however after a while my whole computer froze up on the desktop screen & the only way i could get out of it was to reboot because i couldn't shut windows down (something i hate doing but had no choice).

I decided to move the adapter to another USB port & unplugged all my other USB connections to see if this would make a difference (printer is USB also).

This seemed to work so i started to play an online game however after an hour the whole screen froze up again & i had to reboot (without closing windows). I tried a few times but the computer just freezes up at randow times but usually no longer than an hour.

I then tried to update the Network adapter drivers. I uninstalled the old ones then reinstalled the new ones, however despite removing the old ones when i restarted my computer through windows, it detected the old drivers.

I have tried virus scans, but nothing is detected.

My set up is a follows

AMD 64 3000
1024MB (PC400) Ram
Windows XP (Home Edition)
BFG 7600GS Graphics Card (512mb) AGP

I use: AVG Home Guard Free Edition & Ad ware Proffesional.

Would the Windows XP Firewall cause problems when playing online games switched on also?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…