Belkin F5D7630 Modem/Router in 1 and AOL

Jazzman121 19:01 21 Dec 03

Hi can anyone tell me in layman, thick person terms how I can get my Modem/Router to work with AOL,I have connected it all and got a LAN connector card put inside computer as it does not have a usb connector followed instuctions but find it still doesn't work.
My Broadband will not work at all and up and downstream arrows are red showing no Broadband connection so no Internet connection.
Please Help!!!!!!!!

bremner 19:37 21 Dec 03

Is it not the case that AOL does not support sharing thropugh a router.

Djohn 19:42 21 Dec 03

click here This will help with netorking through AOL. their own [AOL] forums are also a good source of information. j.

Jazzman121 23:13 27 Dec 03

I now have my Belkin Router/Modem working with AOL but find that on some websites mainly Windows Messenger, Microsoft Money and my Halifax sign in are hanging.
Any help would be appreciated.

WidespreadFrost 19:08 16 Jan 04

I fixed the secure site problem by setting MTU (in the router) to 1400. Don't know why this works (I found a note on it on the www), but it lets me into the Halifax website.

Its in the PPPoE advanced settings.

I still have a problem with downloads - they stop about 80% through (regardless of file size). The Belkin status monitor shows that the data packets stop, & lots of management packets are being received (at the PC). None are being sent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…