Belkin F5D7230-4 Connection Dropping

Neospace 19:04 27 Apr 07

Ok, for the past 4 or 5 days my internet connection just drops for no reason. Normally the front of the router shows "Power" "Internet" "Modem" "Wireless" and the "1". Then for no reason all the lights go out apart from Modem (which is green) and the Number "1" which goes orange and flashs for a lil bit after shutting down. The only way i can get it back is if i take out the Power Supply out the back, and plug it back in.

(Its just gone off just as im typing this)

When i view network connections it should normally read
"IP Ad: 192.168.2.2"
"Subnet 255.255.255.0"
Assigned BY DCHP
But after it reads
"IP Ad: 169.254.124.98"
"Subnet 255.255.0.0"

Adeas?

(Setup is BT voyager 205, To the Belkin F5D7230-4, then to computer. Ands its a static IP)

irishrapter 19:24 27 Apr 07

Sounds like the router or power supply maybe faulty.

You could try and update the router to its latest firmware.

When the router fails the computer looses its IP address and then tries to get another one from the router but fails.
Thats why you get what is known as an "automatic private IP address" (169.254.xx.xx).

STREETWORK 19:26 27 Apr 07

Sounds like either a hardware fault or software one.

1. Reinstall your router drivers or update them from the manufacturers website.

2. Right click the double screen in taskbar and select repair if it goes down again.

3. Use windows network wizard to make a new connection

setecio 21:56 27 Apr 07

Make sure the router is not overheating as it will shut down .... make sure it is not near another souce of heat and is well ventilated.

Also, as mentioned, update the firmware.

Neospace 23:58 27 Apr 07

Updated firmware
Still happens

I live in freezing cold flat with the router sat on top of my desk so i dont think heatings a problem.

Im take it into work tomorrow and get it exchanged, see if that makes a difference

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…