Belkin F5D7230-4

lofty758 17:52 27 Oct 09

Vista SP2 - 2GB ram - Virginmedia cable broadband.

Untiul a couple of days ago the above wireless router was working perfectly then the wirede computer light changed from green to amber. I can no longer connect to the internet. If I remove the router and plug direct into the modem the internet works.
When the router is plugged in the computer shows trying to connect to an unidentified network.
After 45 minutes Belkin helpline couln't offer any explanation so are changing router - in the mentime I have tried an identical router with the same results.
NVIDIAnFORCE network adapter - drivers are upto date & it is shown as working correctly.

As I cannot connect to the internet with the router I cannot get to it's settings which to my mind have become corrupt.

Has anybody got any suggestions on how to overcome this problem please?

mgmcc 12:03 28 Oct 09

Is the network cable possibly faulty? With some networking hardware a green light indicates a 100Mbps network connection and amber indicates a 10Mbps connection; with no connection, the light should be off.

>>> As I cannot connect to the internet with the
>>> router I cannot get to it's settings which to
>>> my mind have become corrupt.

You don't need to be connected to the internet in order to access the router's configuration pages, although obviously the computer must be connected properly to the router itself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…