Belkin driver download - help to setup required

montyburns 22:12 16 Nov 03

I've been having major problems using a USB bluetooth dongle to communicate with my SonyEricsson T610 mobile.

Narrowed it down (possibly) to poor software supplied with the dongle and have been advised to try that meant for Belkin's F8T003_v1 dongle (you might guess at this stage that my dongle's not a Belkin....)

Taken an age to download it - over two hours despite lots of good advice from this helproom for progs to speed up downloads, but that's another story

Anyway, I have the file downloaded, and now can I get it installed? Can I heck!

I got it from

click here=

and I now have on my PC, a folder called "F8T003" which contains "Data1.cab" and "license.dat". I have extracted all the files in the cabinet file (a total of 147) and can't find a single one that is going to start my setup..... I have also downloaded the manual off above site, and this of course, just assumes you are using a setup disc

This is driving me nuts! All I want is to get my phone to sync with Outlook. But I've had to fight with hopeless software, then once I thought I'd found a (possible solution) I then had days trying to get downloaders to work. Now I've actually got the download, I can't install it..

HELP!! Please!!

woodchip 22:17 16 Nov 03

Have you downloaded this PDF and hade a look at how to setup click here

montyburns 22:21 16 Nov 03

Yup, and it just assumes I'm using a setup procedure from a supplied disc, which would start automatically!

I'm sure the file must be present, I just down't know where!!

woodchip 22:23 16 Nov 03

If there is a .INI file right click it to see if you get an install come up

VoG II 22:26 16 Nov 03

Or an .INF

montyburns 22:58 16 Nov 03

Ni .ini files, but there are six .inf files. Sadly, right clicking doesn't bring up anything other than the usual menu choices and certainly no option to install.

All very frustrating - surely it should be a lot easier than this!?

montyburns 23:02 16 Nov 03

UPDATE.

Sorry, they were .inf1 extensions. I overlooked the proper .inf files (categorized as "setup information") However, although these do allow the right click, install choice, when I try it, nothing appears to happen

woodchip 23:03 16 Nov 03

Have you tried it after you ran the ini install

montyburns 23:11 16 Nov 03

Getting VERY confused now! The ini install?!

woodchip 23:15 16 Nov 03

sorry the inf

woodchip 23:17 16 Nov 03

PS when you ran the INF install did you have the sony switched on

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…