Belkin broadband wireless query

jaffajader 20:32 26 Aug 08

Hi there, i hope someone can help. i have connected up the Belkin ADSL2+ modem with High speed Wireless G router to the point where it connects to the internet whilst it is plugged in with the ethernet cable. Sorry to sound like a dummy but how do i configure the laptop/router so that i can disconnect the ethernet cable from my laptop and go wireless? i have changed the SSID name to something private and changed the security settings to 128-WEP and have no idea what to do next!

thanks,

mgmcc 20:48 26 Aug 08

In the Laptop, run the wireless adapter's software, scan for "Available Wireless Networks", find and highlight the one that matches your router's SSID (network name) and select the option to "Connect" to it. You should be prompted to enter any WEP or WPA encryption key and, once "Connected", the wireless adapter should get its IP address by DHCP from the router and you should have network and internet access.

FOR VISTA:
Right click the Network icon in Vista's Notification Area (System Tray) and select "Connect to a Network". A window should open listing the available networks to which you can connect. Highlight the entry which matches your Router's SSID (network name) and click the "Connect" button. You should be prompted to enter any WEP/WPA key and, once "Connected", the wireless adapter should get its IP address by DHCP from the router and you should have network and internet access.

L8-tian 00:43 28 Aug 08

Hi jaffajader,
For the wireless connection in XP laptop,
--click on start.go to control panel.
--double click on network connections.
--Right click on wireless network connection icon.
--make sure adapter is enabled and go to properties.
--Click on wireless networks tab and make sure a small check box is checked.(use this windows to configure my wireless settings).
--In the same page, you can find preferred network, make it blank by highlighting the listed items one by one and click on remove button and say ok.
--Again right click on wireless network connection icon and click on "view available network".
--it will show your network name and high light it and click on connect.
--it will prompt you to type in password)128 bit), enter it and click on connect.
--After it show connected, check you are able to go online /wireless.

In the vista Laptop.
--Click on Start -> Control Panel -> Select Network & Sharing Center
--On the left hand side of the screen select "Manage wireless networks"
--In the below Screen all the Wireless N/Ws which are in range will be listed.
--To delete the wireless N/Ws, select the Wireless N/Ws & click on Remove which will remove that particular N/W. This is the Preferred N/Ws in Win Vista
--Then click on start menu and go to "connect to" option.
--Connect to your network by entering the password (128 bit) and connect to it.
--check you are online/wireless.

Note:For 128 bit,26 characters is password.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced