belkin adsl router 8meg max synch problem

Nessie 23:11 23 May 06

I was put up to an 8meg max broadband connection from my 1 meg connection. I can connect on my pci adsl modem at 1.5meg. My problem is when I use my belkin adsl router 7632 ver 1000 it will not synch up to the line. I have phoned belkin and they say that I should ask BT for a whoosh test. Can anyone tell me what a whoosh test is, give any advise on how to sort the problem or am I better to go back to my 1 meg service. Any help would be great. Cheers

ade.h 23:38 23 May 06

Upgrade the firmware to at least v2000 and it should work fine. My 7632 (still on v2000) handles it, but the v1000 was not good with 8Mbits. Something that the support rep should have known.

ade.h 23:39 23 May 06

Oh, and if you have any more networking queries, click here

Nessie 23:51 23 May 06

I thought my firmware was up to date as only one listed for this router

Graham ® 09:08 24 May 06

Whoosh Test - The BT engineer conducts this test to make sure that your line has a signal loss of less than 45dB between the master socket and the telephone exchange.

I don't think your ISP will put you back on 1 Mb.

ade.h 14:20 24 May 06

Please avoid sending unsolicited emails to forum members. Respond in your thread instead.

You will, I assume already have been to click here and clicked on "Support Centre". You then enter 7632 in the search box. If you have version -4, select v2000 or v3000 at the top of the list. If you have version uk4 (which I have) you will select either the last or second from last link.

Be aware that you upgrade firmware at your own risk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…