Belkin Adsl modem/router wont connect

Alf58 11:32 23 Jul 05

I am very frustrated! I just bought a Belkin router and modem combined but the thing will not connect to the internet. I followed the nerwork wizard as per instruction manual. All the green LEDs are diplaying and the Belkin set up screen says ADSL line connected and reports the speed. However on the top right of the screen it says no connection and I cant get on the internet.

I have two desktop machines connected by wire to the router the main one runs WIN Xp Pro and the other Win Xp home. Before I attempted to install the router I used a Speed touch brodband modem
which worked well at 2.2 Mbs( this has been disconnected and uninstalled). The much vaunted Belkin tech support is non existent it tells you to dial 10 for English but then goes through a menu in various languages before saying dial 10 for English again. My ISP is BT Yahoo broadband. Can anyone help? I think the best solution is to take the thing back and get a refund. I had the impresion Belkin routrs were very good, 10 minutes to set up etc. What rubbish.

I am connecting to the net using a laptop and the speedtouch modem.

Alf58 14:45 23 Jul 05

this is now resolved

Boluwd 18:57 24 Jul 05

Alf58

How was it resolved??

Alf58 21:58 27 Jul 05

I needed to enter my BT network name in one of the setup lines. I assumed this would be my BT email address. This was not the case. I first discovered what was required from Belkin tech support(took forever to get through). I then had to contact BT who were able to give the missing name. This being supplied I was on line no problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…