Belkin ADSL Modem With Wireless G Router

fsm101 12:19 27 Dec 06

Please can someone help.

Bought the above to go on my PC, hoping that this could connect to my daughters new laptop which she uses in her bedroom.

I am currently using an external wanadoo broadband modem, which sits on top of the pc.

Can someone help me how to connect the router, do I have to do away with the eternal modem, or what!

If someome could run throughthe set up, would be most appreciated.

I'm sorry I'm no genious.

howard64 12:40 27 Dec 06

you replace your existing modem with the adsl modem/wireless router. You need to follow the instructions for setting it up. Once operating properly from your main pc you then run the wireless set up wizard and let it copy to a floppy or flash drive. Run the floppy/fd on the laptop and with luck all will be well. Good article on just this subject page 156 pc advisor Dec 2006. I have just bought a netgear adsl wireless router and am about to install it.

fsm101 13:11 27 Dec 06

thankyou howard64

when I ran through the instructions I could not connect to the internet, I usually just click on the wanadoo icon and there it is.

howard64 13:39 27 Dec 06

you will have to get your sign in info that your current modem uses - it will be [email protected] and the password that you connect with. This info is normally on the letter you received when you sign up. Having installed the software for your modem/router you have to go to its home page - often 192 168 1 1 and enter the password - this info is often on the base of the modem/router. You then get to enter your name and password. Hope this helps.

fsm101 13:45 27 Dec 06

howard64

Thanks for your response, I've just try to run through it again, but I am finding 5 network connections, which one applies!!

Could this be the problem!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…