Belkin ADSL modem with built in wireless router

gamer109 16:47 24 Oct 07

Hi, a bit of info please

just connected my router to my downstairs PC and it connected fine, but how do i no if it is using wireless or a wired connected (i want it to be wired on this PC)

and use wireless upstaris.

do i just have the ethernet cable connected, or do i have the USB cable that came with speedtouch ADSL in the PC as well?

gamer109 16:50 24 Oct 07

i Want wireless for PS3 upstairs what info do i need to connect.

Fingees 17:05 24 Oct 07

If it's connected via cable, this will override any wireless signal from the connected computer.

The wireless will still be active for any other computer you may want to connect, make sure you have WEP or WAP security switched on, so as to prevent outsiders accessing via wireless.

If while connected via cable you go to the router set up page, you can configure from there.

gamer109 17:39 24 Oct 07

do i need to put the IP and other numbers so that they are the same as my orignal bradband connection,

when i try to connect with PS3 it fails, either times out or say DNS server is wrong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…