Belkin 7632uk-4 configuration

Mike3294 00:52 05 Jun 08

Hi, Im am trying to configure my roughter by using internet explorer but everytime i type in the ip address my internet conection searches the web. How do I get into the belkin config system?

Thanks in advance.

ambra4 01:29 05 Jun 08

Leave out the www and read the manual

Mike3294 10:54 06 Jun 08

thanks ambra4, but my browser is automatically putting http in front of the ip when i press enter. any ideas?

ambra4 22:12 06 Jun 08

Which is correct url should look like this

http:// 192.168. X.X

press enter and you will access the router page

If you cant access the router check the lan card and network setting

click here

Mike3294 17:22 09 Jun 08

thanks for that, could you tell me what the network settings should be?

ambra4 22:09 09 Jun 08

Check the manual it will tell you the the first two numbers are always the same the last two it either 1.1 or 0.1 so just check the manual

brundle 22:22 09 Jun 08

192.168.2.1 for that model

ambra4 00:01 10 Jun 08

Once you have access the router using the set up wizard you need to select the

Following

Connection Type = PPPoA

VPI/VCI = 0/38

Encapsulation = VCMUX.

User Name & Password that you presently use to access your ISP service

Click the Internet Wan and change the following

Dial on Demand – Is Ticked

Idle Time (Minutes) – 3420

MTU – 1492

Save and reboot the router

See if you can now access the Internet once the router finish rebooting all the light is on or flashing

Once you can access the Internet you can look at setting up the wireless system if not using just

disable in the wireless section in the router

Mike3294 17:46 10 Jun 08

i am still having the same problem getting into the router, i have tried the ip address given in the manual, the ip address above and also the ip address that was given to me from an ipconfig (which is 82.44.249.61) Please help.

brundle 18:23 10 Jun 08

IPconfig is your computer's IP address as given by the ISP. How are you getting that IP address? Disconnect the machine from the net, your ISP will have assigned your machine an IP address and subnet mask, which may prevent you accessing certain IP addresses. Connect to the router, it will assign your PC an IP address/subnet mask that is from a specific range giving you access to the configuration IP address.

ambra4 18:24 10 Jun 08

Reset the router by holding the small button at back of the router in for about 60 seconds

until the lights goes out than release the button

Router will reset and reboot, enter the IP address in the browser url address and see if you

can access the router set up page

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac