Belkin 54g Router/Internet problem

pudshack72 21:33 27 Feb 05

Hi,

I have recently purchased a belkin 54g router and have tried to install it several times to no effect.
I follow all on screen insrtuctions and router is detected by pc and all is working fine until it searches for my internet connection and it can never find it hence i've never been able to use it.
My operating system is XP and i have norton security and i use broadband, can anyone help me please?

Ian

VoG II 21:34 27 Feb 05

Have you tried turning off the Norton firewall?

Mike D 12:18 28 Feb 05

Ian

Got the same setup. I had difficulty getting it started and it turned out to be the firewalls. At the time I used Outpost, but it did not like the Belkin set up, and for some reason the Windows firewall decided that it, too, wanted to get in on the act and somehow managed to swith itself on. I deleted Outpost, switched off Windows firewall got the router thingy working and then installed Zone Alarm.

Mike

afvcis 14:53 28 Feb 05

Hi
Ive got the same setup,but netgear modem/belkin router.Panda internet security,swiched the firewall off, installed zonealarm.works great now.
Switch your auto firmware up date on,it works for me

afvcis

pudshack72 15:44 28 Feb 05

Hi Guys,

First of all thanks so much for replying, i appreciate it.
Have turned off both my Norton firewall and Windows Firewall even tried my LAN settings as suggested but stll to no avail, its really frustrating as i'm quite basic in my skills and knowledge.
I go through the whole belkin wizard and everything fine until it tries to find my internet connection, i have no trouble with my internet connection at all and i cant understand why it cant find it, please if you could help anymore i would be extremely grateful.

Ian

VideoSentry 15:55 28 Feb 05

What ISP do you use? As if it is AOL there are restrictions on the length of password.
BA

HXP 16:03 28 Feb 05

They are really good ( and free ) open 24 hrs and will talk you yhrough probs

bananaslik 16:16 28 Feb 05

Hi pudshack72,do you use cable or adsl modem,i run cable with the same router & everything set up straight away.i use zone alarm along side AVG antivirus & they seem to work well but as HXP says ring the belkin helpline it is free & have heard it is very helpful.good luck..

conrail 17:55 28 Feb 05

considering getting 'Belkin 54g Router so just adding this to my postings, sorry nohelp

pudshack72 18:25 28 Feb 05

Hi guys,

Thanks for your responses.

The ISP i use is Telewest Blueyonder Broadband and could any of you give me the helpdesk number to ring please?

Many Thanks,

Ian

dan11 18:46 28 Feb 05

Have you got your ip address?

If you have then type; 192.168.2.1

in the browser address bar. The belkin config will open.

under internet wan, pick connection type. On the next page pick static.

You may hit a password box here, leave it blank and press enter.

the next page will have three settings. The first will be the IP address, the second will be the subnet mask and the third will be your ISP's gateway address.

Fill these in and look at the top right for the internet connected status. When it's right, it will go green and say connected.

Belkin free phone

00800 223 55 460

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…