belkin 4 port/dsl gateway router

jimbfish 20:15 09 Aug 05

i am online on the host machine but cant get any joy from the other computer.the belkin is connected to a bt broadband 2o5 adsl.i have tried switching cables,using crossover.the error message says hardware disconnectd or cable unplugged.please help

howard60 21:27 09 Aug 05

have you checked in hardware - device manager that the network cards do not have a yellow exclamation mark?

jimbfish 22:09 09 Aug 05

thanks howard60,there4 are no yellow marks.the message says this device working properly.

scotty 22:52 09 Aug 05

Try disabling firewalls and any security settings to see if that makes any difference.

You could also try running the network wizard.

jimbfish 09:38 10 Aug 05

scotty,tried all that,thanks.i am on one port of the router,there are three ports spare,ihave two computers to go on the net work and both get the same message.thanks jimfish.

howard60 10:33 10 Aug 05

check that network interface cards etc are enabled. Right click my computer - properties - hardware - device manager - network devices - click on the plus sign for each in turn and properties then that all is enabled

howard60 10:34 10 Aug 05

should have said - advanced

jimbfish 12:23 10 Aug 05

howard60,cheers. I have a choice,of either media type, or network address, opposite box says auto config, does this sound right, cheers

jimbfish 19:20 22 Aug 05

i have just found out i cannot network using the basic bt. broadband package.is there a way around this or should i upgrade.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…