Belarc audit. AV and Norton

Beth 16:23 28 May 05

I haven't looked in for a while and, since I've been having problems which I haven't been able to fix, I decided to ask for help. It turns out that some of the recent posts have pretty well answered my questions.

I came across something about the Belarc Advisor programme and thought I'd give it a try. It tells me I need to reinstall a Windows update. I've found it on the Microsoft site. It's a security update (Q323255). Where do I save it to - or should I pay any attention to what the programme is telling me?

My PC has never been the same since I installed the latest Norton security stuff so it was interesting to read the comments re Norton on the posting about AV rip-offs. They just confirmed what I was thinking and I'm sure now that an uninstall would be a wise move and I'll have a look at the free programmes recommended.

(Oops - a little Norton box just popped up this minute and told me somebody's had a go. I won't change my mind, though.)

VoG II 16:29 28 May 05

click here click the Download button then the Run button. It will install automatically.

(I'm assuming that you have Windows XP)

Beth 16:34 28 May 05

No. Sorry, I should have said. I'm still chugging along with 98SE

VoG II 16:41 28 May 05

click here

On the download dialog box select Run.

It should install automatically.

Beth 15:00 29 May 05

I got that far but from 'download' it goes to a 'Save As' box and I'm not sure which directory to send it to.

VoG II 20:23 29 May 05

You shouldn't save it - there should be an option to "Run from this location" or similar (sorry, I'm on XP and that just has a Run button). If you select that option it will install automatically.

If there is no option but to save it then any location will do (Desktop would be convenient). Once you've saved it, locate the file and double click it to start the installation.

Beth 19:17 01 Jun 05

Thanks VoG. Appreciate your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…