Belarc Advisor and sp2 hotfix problem

Eargasm 22:51 17 Nov 04

Hi All

Although i haven't as yet installed sp2 i have some sp2 updates on pc,one update is kb828741 something to do with rpc/dcom.

Every time i run sfc /scannow on pc then check belarc advisor it reports that the above hotfix has failed verification and needs to be reinstalled,after reinstallation it is reported ok,but fails verification after using sfc /scannow everytime.

Can anyone advise ?

stalion 23:09 17 Nov 04

The updates you have already are nothing to do with sp2 proper they were labelled as sp2 but are updates for sp1
Regards

Michendi 23:14 17 Nov 04

I discontinued using Belarc Advisor as I found it to be unstable. I now use Sandra by SiSoft and find the Free version to be an exceptionally comprehensive product providing all the functionality that I need. You can download it from download.com using this URL click here

Eargasm 23:18 17 Nov 04

Thanks, but is it a problem that it fails verification,and do need to keep reinstalling it.

Eargasm 23:50 17 Nov 04

Thanks for the link to Sandra,i will give it a try 2 morrow.

ACOLYTE 01:49 18 Nov 04

If you do install sp2 it will most like upgrade all the updates and add its own so the ones you had for sp1 will be outdated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…