being directed wrong web address

swapper 09:30 24 Nov 06

I have suddenly been getting some annoying results when using google, when I do a search, click on a website that I want to go to, I get a totally different result, the most annoying is I get directed to another search engin, like netster, and others like http:up-search instead of the site that I want, even though the address is correct.
Any ideas please?

birdface 10:43 24 Nov 06

Update your Anti-Virus and Spyware, And run them See if it finds any problems,Reading something the other day,I may be wrong, but think it was an bug in e-mails, Not sure if it was Hotmail or not,Will see if I can still find it,

birdface 12:07 24 Nov 06

Sorry but can't find previous Thread,Was hoping that someone else may have read it ,and was able to help.Any how, Sounds as though you have a problem,Just a matter of running your Anti-Virus+Spyware programs , See if you can find anything,

swapper 21:23 24 Nov 06

buteman, thanks,I am using ZA, Avaste, Spybot, SpywareBlaster and Ad-Aware SE, these are all up to date, and I have checked each?

VoG II 21:25 24 Nov 06

Try this click here

swapper 08:21 25 Nov 06

VoG™, thank you for that, I did this during the night, and have not been on line long enough to see if I am now clear.
I shall return etc. etc.

swapper 08:48 25 Nov 06

VoG™, I was wrong, I did not run that during the night, it was the Trend-Micro free check.
I have just run your suggestion but nothing was found, I followed through with another Trend check and was informed nothing was found?
and I still have the same problem, for example if I google search for ASDA and then click on the link I can end up anywhere!

Is this what is called a browser hijacking?

Diodorus Siculus 08:57 25 Nov 06

click here Try replacing your hosts file and see what happens.

click here for ewido - which is slao worht running

birdface 09:24 25 Nov 06

Dont suppose you have MSN + Or MSN Plus downloaded by any chance,It used to be MSN+3.I think your anti-virus would have found any problems caused bye it, But if you check your add remove just to see if it is in there,

swapper 13:00 25 Nov 06

Thanks buteman, I looked but I have not.Diodorus Siculus, thanks for that, I downloaded and ran AVG, , it found ZLOB.atv, I have deleted, Quarantined it and restarted, also stopped the restore option, but when I do a rescan, I still have zlob.atv on board?

VoG II 13:15 25 Nov 06

I suggest that you run HJT click here and post your log on the MWR forum click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5