Beginners Setup to PC Gaming

Bails1996 05:54 11 Jul 13

Hey, I really want to get into PC gaming (usually play xbox, ps3 all that stuff). Lately had a massive turn to wanting to get involved in the PC community but honestly have no idea how to get started. I am just wondering what you guys suggest would be a good starting setup with upgradable options in the future. I have a budget of about $800/$1000 (Australian) of what I want. Thats excluding monitors and speakers.

Cheers

Chronos the 2nd 08:02 11 Jul 13

Are you looking for advise on gaming PC's sold in Australia? Which might be tricky.

Also does your budget include operating system, keyboard and mouse and monitor?

Bails1996 11:03 11 Jul 13

In Australia please but I don't mind buying overseas and having it posted here. Operating, keyboard and mouse yes. no to monitor

Bails1996 11:03 11 Jul 13

In Australia please but I don't mind buying overseas and having it posted here. Operating, keyboard and mouse yes. no to monitor

Chronos the 2nd 12:51 11 Jul 13

OK, unfortunately 1000 AUD equates to around £610 which is not a lot to spend on a gaming PC.

It also depends on the type of games you prefer, the modern day FPS's ETC require a decent graphics card to be able to play them and a decent GPU is an expensive component in itself.

Delivery charges will also be very expensive so I would suggest looking for a PC in your country then posting a link here and we can give you our opinion.

If you could provide a link to Australian PC sellers that would be useful as we can have a look and suggest a PC for you.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Why upgrade to Windows 10? Is Windows 10 good? The pros and cons of!…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to Draw Realistic Female Superheroes

Best Mac security tips: 11 maximum security tricks to keep your Mac safe