Beginners Question

billy_sw 20:57 12 Oct 06

When I insert a new layer into a completely new (and blank)document in Dreamweaver I receive the message 'CSS property layer-background-colour is not supported' (Firefox 1, IE 6 etc)as a red warning message in the 'Target browser Check' box.

I'm trying to create a cross browser error free site but can't figure this out. In the CSS panel the backgound is set to default. Am I missing something obvious or is this a quirk of Dreamweaver.

Thanks

Ade_1 21:08 12 Oct 06

What version of Dreamweaver are you using?

billy_sw 21:12 12 Oct 06

Version 8

Ade_1 21:18 12 Oct 06

Righty, I believe its not much different to the version im currently using.

Im currently using MX 2004 and when I inserted a layer I got the same thing...

The way I managed to get round it was to go to the following piece of coding - <div id="Layer1" style="position:absolute; left:128px; top:47px; width:340px; height:201px; z-index:1; background-color: #FF0000; layer-background-color: #FF0000;"></div> and get rid of layer-background-color and leave background-color where it is.

Aidan

billy_sw 21:29 12 Oct 06

That seems to have done the trick! Many thanks for taking the time to respond Aidan.

Billy

Ade_1 21:31 12 Oct 06

No problem, its nice to actually provide help that works for once! lol :)

Aidan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…