Beginners Digital Camcorder

pcwhizz 13:06 20 Mar 04

I am going to buy a digital camcorder (mini DV) for around £300-£400.
My mate has reccomended Panasonic NV GS series but i would like some other opinions.

It is going to be used form basic recording and editing on PC then burnt to DVD.

If anyone has seen deals with bags or tapes thrown in let us know.

I have looked myself but there was too much choice and options.

Thanks
PC WHIZZ

MichelleC 13:20 20 Mar 04

Just make sure it's got dv 'in' and is firewire compatible.

bremner 13:46 20 Mar 04

The Canon 600i, has been in the PCA chart for sometime and is an excellent piece of kit click here

anchor 17:25 20 Mar 04

JVC GR-D53: 5***** in "Computer Shopper". £379 inc VAT.

Canon MV700i : 4**** in "PC Pro". The loss of one star had nothing to do with quality. £368 inc VAT

The BB 19:10 20 Mar 04

Got a Canon 600 from Jessops (under £300) and they had a deal on firewire + Pinnacle 8 (may not be the best but it works). Downsides are the camera is a bit bigger than the new models, and needs a bigger battery. With only DV out I too do everything on the PV and then to disc and it works fine.
Plus side, easy to use, cheap, and unlike my friends JVC's does not have a drive belt problem.

bremner 20:38 20 Mar 04

The Canon MV600i as opposed to the MV600 has DV in as well as DV out and is only £315 from here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…